Reading is fun

Sunday, January 14, 2007

what does library 2.0 mean to me

Although I will not use a lot of the resources myself I must remember that 'partons' use the technology. if I am aware of what is out there then I can respond appropriately and adapt and embrace new ways of doing things. As Rick Anderson says in his article regarding icebergs to the future of libraries "All are remnants of a bygone information age, practices and attitudes that no longer make sense but which we have difficulty letting go. Our patrons have no such qualms, of course, as the emergence of Web 2.0 demonstrates" Libraries and librarians need to embrace change and look at new ways of assisting patrons in the search for information or leisure.
Learning 2.0 has been a real eye opener for me and has forced me to look and explore things i would not normally so it certainly given me new and fresh ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home